This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that Puzzlers' Cave does not own or control, or to individuals that Puzzlers' Cave does not employ or manage.
What Personal Information About Users Does Puzzlers' Cave Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. We collect the following types of information from our users:
1. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as:
- Registration: In order for you to use Puzzlers' Cave services, such as saving
crosswords and submitting crosswords to the website, you must complete a registration
- Password: We do not hold the password for your account, instead we hold a mathematical
representation of your password know as a hash.
2. Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Puzzlers' Cave automatically receives and records certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Puzzlers' Cave cookie information, and the page you requested. Puzzlers' Cave uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Puzzlers' Cave may also add on any page display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes member profile pages.
- Syndication: Puzzlers' Cave allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the website.
- API: Puzzlers' Cave will allow 3rd parties access to all Puzzlers' Cave data
this is already publicly available through puzzlerscave.com. Puzzlers' Cave will
forever keep passwords private.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Puzzlers' Cave will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard
drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser
and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people.
Puzzlers' Cave cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine
information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us
who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will Puzzlers' Cave Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
- Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Puzzlers' Cave, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Protection of Puzzlers' Cave and Others:
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Puzzlers' Cave, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Your Puzzlers' Cave account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your personal information on our website and correct, amend, or
delete information that is inaccurate. Upon logging in visit your user profile
setting page located at: http://www.puzzlerscave.com/profile.php.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting new links.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information About Users Does Puzzlers' Cave Collect?" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers
will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to
command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable
cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you
will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Conditions of Use
If you decide to visit Puzzlers' Cave website, your visit and any possible dispute
limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of United Kingdom